We are currently seeking applications for a new Account Executive.
Responsibilities include managing day-to-day marketing needs of clients including media relations, event planning, social media, sponsorship negotiation and follow-through among other initiatives. Additionally, candidates should be strong writers, able to develop relationships with reporters, able to juggle many tasks in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. Knowledge of digital marketing and SEO a plus. Should be an aggressive self-starter with lots of ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Three to five years of previous experience.
- Strong writing skills and complete knowledge of news media.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter with salary history to Kirstie Durr.
Nevins & Associates is looking for motivated college students for internships. The intern will be asked to work approximately 12 hours per week, with exact schedule and duration of the internship to be mutually decided. This internship is unpaid but can qualify for college credit if arranged with the University by the student.
Nevins & Associates offers two internships per semester. Spring (January-April), Summer (May-August), and Fall (September-December). To apply, send resume, cover letter, and writing samples to Mary Miles.
- Assist with developing, writing, and distributing approved press releases;
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching, and scheduling interviews, as needed;
- Assist with organization of executive photos, photo opportunities, and videos;
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media;
- Assist with finding and completing appropriate contest entries;
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events, as needed;
- Update press list and databases;
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and staff meetings;
- Assist with organizing media clips and preparing for client meetings.
- Internship application is open to currently enrolled college students with strong preference given to juniors and seniors. Previous internship experience preferred but not required;
- Student should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism (or equivalent);
- Relevant coursework in the field of public relations;
- Solid understanding of social media;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Familiar with AP Style;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work with others as well as independently on projects;
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously;
- Ability to generate, share, and follow through on creative ideas;
- Excellent phone presence;
- Intern should be enthusiastic, articulate, and professional.